The farm Castelvecchio takes its name from an ancient castle that stood on the site where it is currently the Church of the Immaculate Conception, near the lakeside.
It has an 'extension of about 24 hectares of which 6 of vineyards.
The management is familiar and know-how follows the traditional craftsmanship with care and love, wine and oil are produced that express the character of the area in which they are born and grow.
Visiting the company can know the work that goes into a "simple glass of wine" when this is done with passion and know well a part of the traditions and culture of Tuscany.
All tastings include:
• Welcome from the group of visitors at the winery
• Starting point overlooking the vineyard. Plant description, type of farming, news on the family owns.
• guided tour of the cellar, with explanations of the various stages of wine production from the harvest to fermentation cellar, aging to bottling.
• For visits conducted from mid-September to early December is very suggestive area of drying the grapes on racks to produce Vin Santo.
• Tasting of minimum 3 wines + oil depending on the availability of products in the following types: Bianco di Toscana IGT Rosato di Toscana IGT, DOC Rosso Terre di Pisa, Pisa Sangiovese Terre DOC and Vin Santo del Chianti DOC.
We will be pleased to arrange a visit with tasting