Golf - A surprising challenge in the real Tuscany, nature, history and tradition.
Tuscany, with its temperate climate, is the ideal destination for golf lovers, because it allows you to practice the sport during most of the year.
Here are the top destinations for players:
by the country side
- Castelfalfi Golf: The Golf Club Castelfalfi trails are among the most attractive from the point of view of landscape and challenging from a sporting point of view; constructed according to the principles of sustainability, without adding artificial elements. With its 27 holes, he invites to the challenge experienced players and ensures fun for fans practitioners, providing also a driving range with hitters in the grass, covered stations for conducting clinics and a clubhouse. The Mountain Course (par 72, 6,351 meters, 18 holes) is a Championship Course, challenging and technical, born of a painstaking re-design designed by a pair of prestigious architects of great experience and sensitivity: Rainer Preissmann and Wilfried Moroder, as well as the Lake Course (Par 37, 3,171 meters, 9 holes), which came into being by the will to create a path suitable for all players.
- Golf San Miniato: The path and 'an executive course particularly suited to beginners who want to learn the Game of Golf in all its parts, in fact, the path characterized by a' high giocabilita 'thanks to a design of holes careful and accurate, do not prevents players the presence of trees, steep slopes and some treacherous bunkers.
A good short and 'essential game to make the par although some nice shots from the start are useful to avoid many obstacles on the tracks.
- Montecatini Golf: The track of almost 6,000 meters is complex and challenging, very rough, with natural water obstacles that lay a trap in at least five of eighteen holes. Other obstacles are natural valleys, vegetation of tall trees, and some out of bounds that can 'worry. The most difficult holes are 3, a par 4 dogleg left with water on the right and three bunkers in the center on the first shot; the 5, par 3 with a lake down in the ditch left and right; the 10, par 4 with difficult starting over a lake.
by the sea
- Golf Punta Ala: The A.S.D. Golf Club Punta Ala has begun its activity in the spring of 1964. The field is located in a scenic area overlooking the sea, it has an overall length of mt.6.168 with a PAR 72, with light and natural undulations of the ground, in the middle of the 'stain Maremma' consists of a thick growth of evergreen trees: pines domestic and maritime, cork oak trees, oaks, arbutus bushes which are also beautiful natural obstacles for the game. And 'one of the most beautiful golf courses in Tuscany and Italy, immersed in the beautiful greenery of Maremma in the province of Grosseto a few kilometers from resort towns like Castiglione della Pescaia and Follonica.
- Golf Tirrenia: Tirrenia Golf Club can boast one of the oldest and most stunning golf courses in the whole of Tuscany.
The course, designed by the English architect Ken Cotton was majestically carved 40 years ago into a wonderful green of an ancient pine forest and lush Mediterranean vegetation, is located today in the Natural Park of San Rossore. Elected some years past by the magazine "Golf Digest" as the best 9-hole d 'Italy offers players a harmonious and stimulating path ... a garden where relaxation and sport have found their home. Hole after hole, never like on the track of Golf Club Tirrenia, to be rewarded and 'l' skills' to maneuver the ball both from the tees, the narrow departures among the trees, which in shots to small greens which, if missed, force the little skillful player, in improbable shots from the woods approach.